I'm kind of a movie person. And I've passed that along to my kids apparently - especially Aubree. She and I both like to enjoy a good flick. Matt is just starting to watch and react to what he's watching like laugh or get upset if the plot isn't going well for the hero.
At the strong urging of my husband I took the kids to Studio M for their first REAL movie theater experience. We went to see Disney's "WALL-E". I picked a good afternoon because there was only 2 other mother's with kids in the theater. I bought them each a kid pack (popcorn, gummy bears and small drink) and we entered the dark theater to find a seat. I was nervous as to how they would react and they both did great - what child wouldn't be happy with a lap full of treats? Aubree spent a lot of the time talking outloud about the movie, lot's of "What's he doing?", and "Where's Wall-e?" but she really enjoyed herself.
About 45 minutes into it, the joy of popcorn had run out, the drink gone and Matt was overdue for a nap. He had his "paci" but Mom forgot his blankie and any hope of him falling asleep during the movie was lost. I spent the next 15 minutes trying to figure a way to help him cope but it was evident the only way Matt would be happy was to leave the theater.
Aubree took the news well for a 3 year old. She pointed out the movie wasn't over and that she wanted to stay but she came along without much protest, just a "wait for me Mommy!" because at this point Matt was LOUDLY protesting the theater and for the sake of the other 2 families I wanted to get him out as quickly as possible.
Next time I'll get a sitter for Matt and have a girl's time out - Matt isn't quite ready for a full length feature film. As for the ending of WALL-E I'll have to get the DVD for Aubree when it comes out. My nephew filled me in on the ending so I wasn't left in suspense, thanks Gaeb.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment