Friday, June 13, 2008

Hand has been repaired.

The surgery went well. Scot's going to have a pretty cool scar I'm thinking, they had to extend the incision up Scot's thumb and then down towards his wrist. Just like rubber bands, when the tendons were cut they retracted in the opposite direction so the doctor had to go and locate both ends to repair them. He described Scot's tendons as being a little thinner than some and also said they frayed a little on the ends like cut rope would. So, the needed stitching was done to hold them back together.
Scot had an anesthetic block on his arm done to make it numb for the procedure. His arm is still pretty numb right now but he is starting to get a little feeling back. I'm sure the pain will start to set in tonight but don't worry, he has some strong pain medication to take!
His arm is pretty bandaged up but what is showing is bright orange from the iodine used during the surgery....and I think it is that iodine that also has a funny smell to it. Looking forward to the day we can wash that away!!
We are very thankful for all the support and help from our families - we are so blessed to have you all!
I think that's it for tonight's update. Thanks for all your prayers.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for posting updates. We are praying for you all and miss you bunches.

Jack said...

you didn't mention anything about the aspirin suppository that Toon and I gave Scoon to help him cope with the pain...

HA HA HA!

Daniel Montgomery said...

Yeah! Did they put any bionic parts in it or anything? Cause, that would be cool.