Saturday, April 14, 2007

Happy Easter

Aubree's Easter basket for this year. It was fun to put "real" candy in it this year. That way Mom & Dad can enjoy it too :) The pink bunny in the basket is one she received her first Easter (and has that statement embroidered on it too). It is a tradition that the bunny is in her basket every year. We did an Easter egg hunt first thing in the morning.
Aubree's "I found one!" picture.
Matt's "I found one picture!"
Enjoying the spoils of her hunt - jelly beans!
(And Scot hiding from a first thing in the morning picture)

Now, the sad truth is that this was the only part of the day I was relaxed enough to get pictures. This seems to happen every Easter. I want everyone to dress up and look "perfect" so we can get a family picture (which has not yet once happened). It becomes a mad rush to get everyone ready for church (we are always running late). This year I got stressed out, the baby pooped and had a blow out as I was buckling him in his car seat.
After church we are so exhausted from the morning (and ready to change out of our dress clothes) we eat lunch & crash. Later that day we had an Easter supper with the Griese's. As tradition would have it, I brought Resurrection Eggs - which each hold a special symbol that tells the amazing true story of Easter. How God loves us so much, that He did not spare His only Son. Jesus died to pay for our sin debt so that if we repent and believe in Jesus, he will forgive us and cleanse us from all our sin. We will spend eternity with him in heaven and escape the horrors of hell. Thank you, Great God, that the tomb was empty!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your children are just as adorable in their pj's as their dress-up clothes, I'm sure. Missed you on Easter Sunday...miss you now too, in fact! Hope to see you all soon!