Wednesday night while I was cooking supper I started to not feel not quite right. I ended up having strong achey pains in my upper abdomin and the sides of my back. After 3 hours of this I called the doctor just to check. The doctor couldn't tell me over the phone what was going on so Scot & I went in to the maternity ward just to be safe(about 10pm). Mom & Dad G came over to sit at the house while Aubree slept.
Thankfully, it was not busy at all on the maternity ward and they hooked me up in triage and began monitoring the baby. The baby was doing fine. I was having some small contractions but not correlating to the pains I was feeling.
Then very suddenly, it struck. I was going to throw up. And I did. A lot. I had one of those little kidney bean shaped dishes that became completely useless to me after the first heave (bummer I had eaten dinner....) Scot & the nurses were so awesome to comfort me and take care of my mess, they cleaned me and themselves up. Yuck!
After this episode, the pains pretty much went away. But now I was having pretty regular contractions, not big ones but consistant. They checked my cervix and was dilated to 1 1/2 and I was 50 % effaced. The doctor wasn't comfortable with the number of contractions I was having (every 2 minutes) and also wanted to monitor if I was progressing. I am only 34 weeks along. They gave me a couple bags of fluid and also a couple of shots of breathine to stop the contractions. Everything finally settled down and we were able to go home about 2 am.
The next morning I found out my mom was sick too (so this was a virus) and I had a follow up appt. with my doctor. He is very confident that the contractions were due to the dehydration and irritation from the virus. I had not progressed any further and so I was able to go and just recover from the bug - but thankfully no bed rest restrictions! Also big blessings - neither Scot nor Aubree came down with anything!
Reality has settled in though - we have a baby coming very soon. Time to get prepared!
Friday, December 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We've been praying for you Jess!! We Love you!!
Post a Comment